My ramblings about my infertility treatment. I never wrote a blog before. I'm a 35 year old woman hoping to have my first baby this year. My boyfriend is a cancer survivor so IVF is our best option right now.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tomorrow is my ET

So tomorrow is my ET and then I enter the dreaded 2WW. This journey has taken longer than I thought it would and in another way I am shocked to be at this point already.

I thought I'd try to kill time by writing about my experiences. Maybe it will comfort others as well as they go though this baby quest. 

So, my clinic says I have to wait until 18 days after transfer to POAS and then, and only then, will they be bothered with acknowledging a BFP. Pffft! As if I could wait 2 weeks, never mind 18 days. I once opened all my Christmas presents a week before Christmas and ruined the surprise I would have had of opening my very own Cabbage Patch doll on Christmas morning.

So I decided to get all nerdy and look up the HCG half-life, calculate how long it will be in my body, and then determine when I can POAS. According to my very unscientific waste of a half hour (ok, well the half-life part is scientific, but probably unreliable) I can start on my POAS spree on the 26th and should have real results at the latest, February 1st. Of course I could just wait 18 days, but that would just be silly. And impossible for someone as impatient as me!

I was looking up stuff to do and not do in general and during the 2WW. The background for this is that I live in a country where I can't speak the language well enough to understand what the hell the doctors are saying. And my boyfriend isn't the best translator, so I get the basic information and then scour the internet to fill in the blanks and make myself insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment