My ramblings about my infertility treatment. I never wrote a blog before. I'm a 35 year old woman hoping to have my first baby this year. My boyfriend is a cancer survivor so IVF is our best option right now.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ya Gotta Be Kidding Me ... I HATE DIGITAL PREGNANCY TESTS

So I just found out that apparently I wasted a boatload of money on digital pregnancy tests. I went out on Monday evening and bought 2 packs of 3. Why do they suck? Because you just get the read out of pregnant or not pregnant (or an error message which is what I got on the first one). Hey, that's all well and good right? Then you remove the strip from the digital unit and there are lines...hmmmm this looks familiar. I have what looks like a dark line and a light line. Well that sure looks like a faint positive to me. Two lines is positive right? No. Because you can't read the lines. Makes no sense to me. You put lines on a pregnancy test and they are irrelevant?!?! Apparently so.

And before y'all start saying, "why the hell didn't you read the instructions?" Well I can't. Because it's written in a foreign language. And I only understand that language at the 5th grade level which makes reading pregnancy test details quite difficult. But I found this online. it's good to know, but I wish I knew this a few days ago. Read for yourself here.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh how frustrating!

    Just curious, what country are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but much better news this morning!

    I'm in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Good Post
    Thank you very much
    Now Plan your Good Pregnancy as you like with home check Ovulation Kit you can now choose your time and date of pregnancy

    ReplyDelete